View Single Post
Old 2008-12-10, 06:27   Link #101
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K View Post
If Toradora didn't have a conclusive ending, I'd be disappointed. Unlike Kannagi, Toradora is story-driven. If it doesn't have an ending, it's an incomplete story. This can kinda get away with not having an ending, because it's story isn't the primary hook.

Edit: I always get disappointed when a series based on an ongoing manga/novel doesn't have a conclusive ending. It makes it a poor narrative, because you get the feeling that the whole thing was just an advertisement for the source material rather than its own complete story. I know this usually doesn't happen, especially these days as sequels have become so lucrative, but I'd rather an anime based on an ongoing manga/novel to have a crappy, original ending than to have no ending at all.
The problem with a crappy original ending for Tora is that it kills off the chance of a sequel and J.C Staff are one of the most sequel friendly studios around, 3 seasons of Znt, 2 of shana, 3rd announced for Nodame and I fully expect to see 2nd seasons of Index and Toradora sometime in 2010 or maybe even Fall 09.

I'll rather avoid a Claymore type ending, hopefully that gets the Hellsing Ultimate/FMA treatment in a few years time....

Anyway back to Kannagi, this should have a rather solid ending though expect a few loose ends of course..