Thread: Dragon Age II
View Single Post
Old 2011-04-03, 12:48   Link #1207
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irkalla View Post
Explains what I'm compensating for then But no really, I like the challenge, fake difficulty or not. It's fun to put a little sweat into it and try out different strategies, ie tactical retreat into backrooms, barring the doors etc Certain magic immunities can get frustrating, especially on the Qunari, damn giants and their fire/electricity immunity, so much for my aoe mage ownage, but it's things like this that make the game more real.

My view of nightmare:
95% of the fights in the game are the same. They compose of
- grunts (melee or archers)
- assassins
- mages
- commanders (the ones with an aura)
- hybrids (ie reverants, dragons)

I feel that once I fight them all in act 1 I have beat the entire game. In fact the game only gets easier due to "trash" becoming insignificant (can 1 shot easily and does no damage - in fact buffs me due to my "on kill" abilities). Assassins were a pain in act1 because I do not have a ton of CCs to use, by act 3 they are no longer a challenge.

I guess I expect "nightmare" to be more than just spam pause, friendly fire, abuse CCC, and fights to be more interesting than running around in circles during the duel with the arishok for 5 minutes - admit it, its pretty pathetic.

As I was cleaning my shelf I found my very old copy of diablo 2: as old as that game is, I believe it brought us fights that far suppress what DA2 offered. Maybe the DA2 team should all pick up a copy and learn a thing or two.
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote