View Single Post
Old 2007-04-24, 17:50   Link #11
Telliamed
sensei no pet

I'm collecting all these at http://whoopdedo.org/anime.html (first two on that page are being used)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Woah... this one was a toughie.

100x100 for a proper full-facial shot is impossible, as Mana's hair is surprisingly wide. This reduced her eye-twitch to microscopic levels, and made it pointless.

Using a 100x80 format, we are able to squeeze in most of Mana's hair and retain a measure of eye-twitching. It is however, relatively hard to see, and if your screen resolution is higher than 1024x768, then you're in for an eye-straining session.

If we zoom in much further, to the point of encompassing only the eyes along with some facial details, minus anything below the nose, we are able to make the eye-twitching more visible. The 100x80 format was used so that the GIF would look nicer, as making it 100x100 would affect the aesthetics of it since the eyes would no longer be centred in the middle if we made it 100x100.

A third possibility would be to zoom in to one eye only, but I wanted to know whether you are okay with the second version first.
On my laptop, I can't hardly see any movement at either size. I figure the only way to make this work is to redraw the eyes entirely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maymay View Post
can I request an avatar of the Mayuko please?
Be more specific.