View Single Post
Old 2015-08-10, 22:01   Link #1
AzuresSky

A Tinge of Ebony

(This is a sort of restart of my other writing on this forum: Azure Chains. The chapters I wrote didn't really satisfy me, and I wrote it kind of messily. This is my attempt to write it at a better pace and really go the directions I wanted to. Sorry to the two people on the forum who might have actually liked what I wrote in Azure Chains xD)

Prologue

A swirling and endless cosmos stretches overhead. Stars in the sky blink and fly through space overhead, seeming to dance a dance that no human could ever understand. I sit in an empty field of grass and gaze up above, letting my mind dissect details of my current situation that I have trouble grasping. It feels as if I have just woken up after a very long slumber, and I feel so very groggy.

My name is Lux. Once I make that singular recollection everything else seems to rush into my mind at once. I remember everything, down to the most minute details. An angel who has sworn allegiance to the Lord above to serve him until the end of time. Flashes of numerous friendships and relationships I've had with various angels and humans play in my head and make my heart flutter.

"Oh, these memories..." I whisper to myself softly as I slowly get onto my feet.

With vigorous determination, I start walking in the direction that the pale moon looms. Oh, how I adore the moon. Its shine coats the night in a brilliant light like no other. It is the main reason I love the nights down here on Earth. They are peaceful and beautiful and just a little bit dangerous. At least to beings without celestial powers.

Before long, I make my way to a forest that is densely covered in trees. I work my way through carefully but swiftly and soon reach a vast circular clearing that seems to soak in all the moonlight around. A light breeze blows through, rustling the grass that surrounds me in every direction. In this unique glow, the grass looks dyed a light blue instead of its normal bright green. I take a moment to breathe and enjoy the scents and views of night.

In my time of indulgence, I hear the crunching of branches just to my left. The source of that sound must be the reason I'm here! I came here in order to find a fellow angel that I was told enjoys spending his free time in this forest. I must say that he has rather good taste, as even I enjoy the scenery here.

At a slight jog, I take off in the direction that I heard the noise. My weary old bones ache a bit when I push myself, but I ignore the discomfort and press on. Just southeast of the clearing I was just in is another much smaller clearing that is littered with the stumps of trees long gone. Sitting on one of the makeshift stools is the person I came here in search of. His back is facing me, and he is playing a small harp.

I wince slightly when he starts singing. He could really do with some more practice. Though I suppose that is why he does it here where there is normally noone to listen to him. I put those thoughts in the back of my mind and start sneaking up behind him. After all, it wouldn't do to have him know of my presence before I'm done. Done doing what will certainly be the first act of a drastic change.

One last step before I am directly behind the other angel. His huge white wings flap slightly, an act that angels only perform when in true bliss. Without a second thought, I quickly grab both of his wings and pull with all my strength. He lets out a loud cry of surprise and pain, but I tear them both off before he can do anything to retaliate. The pain must be too much for him, because he collapses immediately onto the cold forest ground. I smile and look down at the crippled angel in front of me, holding his wings high above my head. A massive stream of blood falls down on my head, and I let out a laugh that echoes throughout the entire forest.
AzuresSky is offline   Reply With Quote