View Single Post
Old 2007-08-20, 00:17   Link #12
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risaa View Post
If you want to meet RL guys, surely your friends know some nice guys? At the beginning, have him around with maybe one or two of your other friends. As you become more comfortable around him, eventually they won't have to be with you two all the time.
I was about to say the same thing.

@nathalie112689: I apologize that I can't really relate, but I still have to say that you'll need to overcome these fears. I'm not saying that you shouldn't put down your defenses completely or automatically trust every guy you meet, but eventually—whether in higher levels of education or in the workaday world—you'll be required to interact with both male and female peers. That's something that will never truly go away.

I think taking small steps, in an environment that you're mostly comfortable with, is a good start. Speaking with someone you trust (guy or girl) can also help. For example, have you shared this with a close male relative?

With that said, I apologize in behalf of male assholes everywhere. I wish you the best, and good luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingKnight
That's something a female friend of mine said once. She was in your same situation--she had a lot of male friends and few female ones. She told me that it was because we men are simpler. I don't know how much simpler we are, generally speaking, but from hearing the stories she told me about girl relationships in high school, there were some things I couldn't believe.
I have a female friend who feels the same way, but only with regard to her working environment. She finds working with an all-female group to be very stressful—sometimes irritating even—and she prefers the company of male co-workers more. I guess it's also due to the fact that she can naturally blend in as "one of the guys" in a non-tomboyish way. Heck, guys can even easily talk about their lady problems with her. The "big sis" of the group in other words.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote