View Single Post
Old 2012-01-27, 14:30   Link #27335
Toku

@Renall and Aura: I'm sorry, I just can't understand this massive-scale trick that you two keep insisting is being played on Erika. One of the reasons why I can't is that I keep seeing quotes like this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraTwilight View Post
There's a difference between providing partial information and LYING. Moreover, there is a difference between lying about the Gameboard and lying about the rules of the fucking game.
Where nothing is really explained in any detail, only in vague terms... And I'm not sure exactly what the meaning behind it is. In particular, can you give me specific examples of these horrible lies?

Some say Lambda did guarantee that Erika has a 100% certain perspective, others don't seem to agree... I don't think any of us are on the same page at all, and I have no idea which ones are right.

About all I can gather is that, if it is at all possible to play any kind of trick whatsoever on Piece!Erika's (and by extension Meta!Erika's) perspective, then regardless of whether or not it's even an actual lie, and regardless of whether or not it would be possible to realistically play this trick on other humans in real life, then it is some kind of terrible conspiracy which even the protagonists are in on.

Quote:
The method, degree, and manner in which you're suggesting Erika has been deceived has never happened at any other point in the story, and there are no hints regarding it. Also, under your theory, Battler and Beatrice are complicit in lying to, and deceiving Erika for no other reason than to torture her for the lulz. They're supposed to be our heroes, wtf.
Which is another thing I wonder about. When did everybody forget all the cruel stuff that Beatrice (and by extension Yasuda) has done? You didn't gloss over this just because she's suddenly being portrayed as a protagonist, right? Well, it's true that it's possible to say that she's actually (largely) innocent in Prime, if in fact Prime exists, but...
Toku is offline   Reply With Quote