View Single Post
Old 2012-08-05, 23:29   Link #214
Xaturas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
The game isn't anyone's "real life" except for a few crazy people like Kirito. And possibly the murderers, honestly. For most people, they're just hostages waiting for rescue. Would you say that hostages who choose not to fight back against the terrorists with guns are "human trash" who deserve to die? A lot of these people are just kids.

And common sense doesn't say that you can killed on the street when you can't get killed on the street. Obviously people didn't realize this was a danger until much later, and once they realized it people stopped sleeping on the street. Problem solved. Until this episode when it turns out there's some other kind of exploit to worry about. People adapt.
Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Totally agree.

I prob would have been one of those poor souls that tried to find a "safe" profession to get into and wait it out.

Can you get drunk in the game? That would be a variation of sleep-PK.
As I said they could get into non lethal job type. Become a merchant, information broker or anything else. There are jobs that don't require them to be high levels who run around and butcher npcs. Heck I played my share of being a merchant in mmorpgs, just sit around some type of auction house and buy and sell. So that they could provide for all of their expenses and housing bills.
And If you are locked down in some game for 2 YEARS it kinda becomes your real life, until you will get out. After all you need to sleep and eat there, so basic needs are covered, then you need some other maslov pyramid things to survive. Obviously you die there if you die, so if its not REAL then I don't know what is. Don't try to measure something you cannot yet experience yet based on your knowledge (such game system).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starlightz View Post
I'm surprised you said you played WoW, you are a pvp player then you continued with "so that players won't 1hit other players all the time with big spells/skills". Probably never played vanilla, or attacking anyone a few level lower than you.
Wow had resilence, I played TBC and frankly I cannot remember much 1hitting. Probably rogue bug abusing backstab with sword/mace on clothes enemy. Or mage/lock big nuke combo, but that is not 1hit. And maybe Warrior whirlwind stormherald proc on cloth user.

Still I said "Not to mention that in most games there is some sort of damage reduction in pvp," before the rest, so you literally didn't read the whole sentence and made your opinion.
Most of games have some sort of pvp damage reduction, be it build into engine like 50% pvp damage reduction and/or iequipement pvp damage reduction gained from items as additional pvp dmg reduction.

Last but not least, Hi lvl 1 hitting some lowbie? Realllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllly? You had to bring that point. Obviously if some 7x will go to starting town he can 1hit rape ppl, but we talk about people around same lvl or in 10-15lvl bracket difference.