View Single Post
Old 2009-08-22, 12:22   Link #2116
Used Can

Hopefully, Hina will confess in the next chapter. Any more and I'd think this dinner is getting dragged a bit too much (well, generally, I'd think it'd be okay, but this one isn't supposed to be a Hina-arc).

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwertyman View Post
So where exactly is Hayate going to find the time to do whatever he wants with Hina while still remaining Nagi's butler? And what is he going to do when she inevitably gets kidnapped when he's out with Hina? Knowing that he couldn't protect Nagi because he was dating someone would kill him. She was already kidnapped once when Hayate was messing around with his non-butler work (when Kotetsu 'napped her during Hinamatsuri) and was in grave peril when she got lost going to Shimoda Springs (so much that he had to rely on someone else to save her).
Ah, indeed, but there have also been times in which he's been away and nothing has happened to her e.g. when he went to that place to train, or when Nagi kicked him out. Nagi getting kidnapped tends to happen when she goes out; so, if she's in the mansion she's generally safe. I've got to admit, though, the development she's been having points that she'll grow past that lifestyle and start going out more. We'd have to see how this goes, I guess.

Quote:
You're also going under the assumption that Hayate has to end up in a romantic relationship when this series ends. He could very well "end" the series together with Nagi, but as a butler-mistress duo, not as a pair of lovers.
Indeed, that's a possibility. However, my argument was, if there's going to be a romantic relationship, it hasn't have to be Hayate and Nagi, in fact, taking into account their development, it shouldn't be.

Quote:
When asked why Hayate didn't go out with Ayumu (or with any girl, for that matter);

"Well, because I don't have the money to support a girl".
That line is not really relevant, since he rejected her because of his duty towards Nagi, not because of money issues.

Quote:
He also admits to being happy when he heard Ayumu's confession. This was not a much later thing; the latest he realized that he liked Ayumu was the second time she confessed (whether or not Hayate was talking about the first or second time around wasn't clarified).
I've always thought he was talking about the second time, since he never showed any particular reaction after the first one.