View Single Post
Old 2010-08-09, 21:41   Link #1173
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
An experiment implies that there is a hypothesis that needs to be tested. Accelerator winning and attaining level 6 is not a certainty; they're testing it with this experiment. The Sisters are to test Accelerator in different combat situations. In combat, they are expected to fight to win. Obviously the Sisters wouldn't win, but they're not designed to lose on purpose either.

The general implied idea behind the experiment is to let Accelerator grind some combat experience. Naturally it would be best if he fought some tougher opponents to push him to his limits and grow stronger like he is now in the Index novels, but the scientists didn't have access to a stronger group of fighters. That's why they allowed Accelerator to fight 20,000 Sisters. The Sisters can be mass-produced, and even though they're too weak to be a real challenge, he should get at least a little amount of experience from each one. With such a slow gradual growth, the high number of battles should still make up for it. Also, the Misaka Sisters are connected through their mental Network, so each successive Sister should theoretically learn from her predecessor's mistakes and try something different.

What I question is whether any of the Sisters tried anything new before 10032. The way everything played out in Index, you would wonder whether 10032 was just slightly more inspired to win because of Touma, or if she really learned from the other 10031 Sisters who were killed.
I think it's a bit of both. You don't get killed 10031 times without learning at least a little about your opponent, and it's reasonable to assume that she was inspired to fight a little harder because of meeting Touma, although I don't recall her ever giving any indication of that being why she was able to keep up with Accelerator a little better. Although judging from Accel's reaction you would think every clone up until 10032 tried the same thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDo View Post
I don't think you can publicly post links to scans anymore since Railgun has been licensed.