View Single Post
Old 2011-07-29, 09:41   Link #851
Ceral
はりゃほれうまうーっ!

Just finished Lucia's route, I feel like I was put through bliss and then tortured. The romantic scenes with Lucia are so sweet and she is so adorable. She makes Furukawa Nagisa seem assertive when it concerns love. One scene from her route put me in complete bliss, if you had asked me whether this game was worth buying after that scene, I would have told you that this game was a definite must buy. I actually found myself fearing the time when this route would end, Lucia was such a fun character, if you could get "too attached" to a character I definitely think I did. I thought that not having her around would leave a void.

That feeling didn't last very long though, after that brilliant scene they turned the rest of the route into one of the ugliest stories I've ever read. Right now, I don't really know whether I can even say I like this game yet. It's definitely a good game that will keep you entertained. But entertained like a gory story similar to Elfen Lied. For me, there's just too much politics, action, and so many ugly scenes. I really liked past Key games for not just their entertainment value, but because I felt their stories were so beautiful and artistic. I like my entertainment to be fun and sweet or sad and meaningful. I am really conflicted, because Lucia's has the prettiest character design and the most lovable personality I've yet to see in a Key game. There were indeed a lot of fun and meaningful parts. But so much junk too, I like to be able to "Understand" a character, but this story is so abnormal... It sucks to have a character you like thrown into such a horrific storyline. Anyone looking to buy this game, be forewarned, the main routes go 100% sci-fi/action/suspense, for the majority of the routes. I wouldn't recommend this game for drama/romance much like I wouldn't recommend Clannad/Little Busters for someone wanting a comedy. The sci-fi plot/action/suspense/intrigue withholding one romantic scene is it's strong point so far from the common routes IMHO.

Time to get detailed.

Spoiler for Lucia's Route:

After playing through all the heroine routes, I really must say, that I will hesitate to purchase the next key game. I was afraid of the shonen-action, turns out that was the least of my worries. The staff is competent, the game is interesting, but the genres they focus on now, are no longer special to me. So far this game has been like reading a Stephen King book, it was interesting and I couldn't put it down. But it was largely entertainment for entertainment's sake. I think that is an honest opinion. I will definitely finish up the main routes though, maybe I will have something different to say.

Ah, Lucia's last CG is so pretty! All of the artwork is so pretty, they really don't make any graphics for any of the gory stuff. All of the graphics are of the heroines, but so much attention gets drawn away from the heroines. With the plot, it's like constantly having an ugly main route fly in your face during the heroine routes... Ahh, I wouldn't miss the politics, I would miss the artwork though...

Last edited by Ceral; 2011-08-12 at 23:52.
Ceral is offline   Reply With Quote