View Single Post
Old 2011-07-30, 02:30   Link #859
Ceral
はりゃほれうまうーっ!

Sorry, my last post was my ire talking from finishing Lucia's route. It's very hard to find meaning in a game or in an individual route. Since I just finished Lucia's route, I have yet to play the other true route, and I've spent a lot of time typing, haha.

Well I came here today to talk about the individual routes, I think I made that pretty clear. I think they're important to be good on their own. I like to think of each route as their own novel, each route is so different than the other. I really wanted to talk about Lucia's route if anyone was interested. If we are to see more after the true route in the form of a spinoff I would think the individual route would be what it is based on... I could be wrong... I'll know after I finish the true route. Seeing Lucia separated from her actual route might be a boon to get more dates and slice of life with her... hehheh. I kind of want to say her route is the best? But I had a better disposition of this game right after playing Kotori and Chihaya's routes. These judgements are hard to make... A lot of the time the best parts are in the middle, especially with Rewrite, none of the endings have left me with a satisfied feeling yet but most were easy to understand/get over. Which let me easily transition into the next route. Lucia's was different just because it got very very good in the middle and left me confused. Each route is unique, it's like they lumped five different games together. And each route itself has a lot of sub genres.

Of course they have the right to make whatever game they choose, heck they made Kud Wafter. About Kud Wafter, I am actually really happy that they made that. I like that they'll make whatever they want or whatever will please the audience. I just went through a route that put me through Heaven and Hell, which is why I felt like expressing that the way the story went put me through a lot of conflict about deciding whether I liked or disliked this character, her route and the game as a whole as a result. Sometimes a route (One heroine or one last true route) can make a VN a masterpiece or just a good VN.

Sorry, I don't mean to try to explain why I don't love this game yet by saying it's not like past Key games, that's a an expression based too much on perspective. Everyone has a different scope of what they liked about past Key games. So maybe a little direct comparison would help... I think the cast of heroines are probably better than the cast of Little Busters heroines as a whole. But for some reason I really love the LB common route and stories. I think it's just the genre. Whatever the genre is, you just sit around and talk to characters in LB for the majority of the game. The characters in Rewrite are much more complicated, the most intense genres among all 5 routes is probably psychological/sci-fi/action/political intrigue. You're put in so many fights and the heroines are always put in such dangerous situations. Forget about Key or non Key, but Rewrite is much more different than your typical VN where you live a peaceful school life. You're put in high pressure situations and you read about what happens. It's like living in a sci-fi action movie at times, or a horror movie at times. It's an exciting game, I'm not sure what it is, but it's very unique. Maybe my problem lies with the heroines being so different.

Ah, I've typed too long. Anyway, if I load up the date scene, it's pretty obvious this game is a must buy . Is there no game out there that focuses on creating scenes like this?
Ceral is offline   Reply With Quote