View Single Post
Old 2012-01-25, 01:34   Link #99
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
@Triple_R: I am really curious, how could you have missed all exposition that has taken place already in the first two episodes... I mean, I can get someone getting distracted from ecchi, but only if he enjoys it or despises it, but I thought that you didn't belong to either categories
In some contexts I like fanservice, and in other contexts I dislike it. It's like any other element that you can find in an anime show: Ok (and even desirable) in some places, out of place in others.

For example, as much as I love explosive action scenes, I wouldn't want them everywhere. They'd be out of place in something like Tamayura ~Hitotose~ or Usagi Drop, and even in an actual action show they can lose their effectiveness if overused.

In any case, fanservice is inherently distracting/attention-grabbing, in the same way that a loud Hawaiian T-Shirt is (i.e. it draws your attention whether you want it to or not).

So it's possible I missed something in Episodes 1 and 2... although I'm far from the only one who felt there wasn't much plot-relevant dialogue or events going on in Episode 2. If your argument is that there was then it might be nice of you to point out where exactly that can be found.

Last edited by Triple_R; 2012-01-25 at 01:56.
Triple_R is offline   Reply With Quote