Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2009-05-03, 17:36   Link #2468
Nosauz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Minato View Post
That's not what I mean..

However, I do understand your feelings as a past victim of bullying. It certainly does seem like that the only alternative to stop bullying is fighting back but wouldn't it appear like the majority of the people here are promoting the concept of "show the fist to bullies".

If the bullies don't physically harm you, is it really okay to fight back? Will there be a chance that the one who fought back end up as the "bad guy"? Is it possible for the one who fought back to become disliked? If there are no alternatives, is the exchange of fighting back to discourage bullying for getting disliked all over a good decision? Is it worth it?

I could understand that people are currently studying junior high or high school over in this thread would disagree with me but what about the adults? Would teaching kids to fight back against bullying considered as inappropriate? I do know that many seniors do teach people to fight back against bullies, unless the victims of bullying choose to be a weaklings and cowards.

The world is cruel place in which many places tend to give off the impression that it is the survival of the fittest meaning that if there bullies after you, you should fight back and win. Aside from these pretty words and encouragement/motivation to the weak, sometimes I wonder if this is really a good choice of action against bullying.

It is also true that people who claims to be victims of bullying tend to get looked down upon. After all, it is widely known throughout the world that only the weak get bullied which is possibly the reason why so many people chooses to be bullies. It is such a pity as to why can't people choose co-existence and peaceful relations. Unfortunately, it seems that regardless of the nation, bullies tend to acting outside laws whereas people who get bullied are never protected. This just means that nothing much can be done unless society is re-structured from the core.
Dude, I think your a bit detached from reality, in the work place bullying is not tolerated, then why in schools is it allowed? What is up with this hypocrisy, you seem to be justifying your bullying tendencies by saying the kids self defense wasn't when in fact the white kid, got owned in dodge ball, got pissed off, shoved him and then called him a racial slur... that sounds like a imminent threat to ones personal safety, with the contact I would retaliate too. Again I've said this before, solving bullying isn't simply to fight or not to fight, its a lot more than that. Really discuss the real issue not these anecdotal pieces of evidence that are NOT panacea to the issue that is bullying, just from the ignorance on the harms of bullying just baffles me and really explains why its so prevalent.