View Single Post
Old 2009-05-25, 08:55   Link #194
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

"Fuwa Fuwa Time" started at fourth on Oricon? That's amazing for such an undistinguished song. Very few anime songs come anywhere near that. The song is enjoyable, but without the anime it would have been about 35th. Congratulations to all.

Has it been established whether the girls play their own instruments on any of these singles or insert songs? I can't find the names of the players in the anime credits or in what I've seen of the jackets. "Mio" is supposed to have written the lyrics, but I don't know what that means. Did Hikasa Youko write them?

I'm guessing they're still learning their instruments, with the idea of actually playing on some future songs.

LVD listed some interesting singers, so I hope he/she has listened to Hayami Saori's songs. Hayamin, to me, has the most beautiful voice of any seiyuu, and skill approaching that of Minorin or Nana -- or even Maaya. She still has to develop the ability to sing as well live, and with more volume, though.

Gotou Yuuko can carry a tune for about half a bar, it seems to me. I really can't stand listening to her, much as I like some of her seiyuu characters. To me, Horie Yui is the archetypal seiyuu/singer. She can sing, but her pitch is often just slightly off.

I agree that the best seiyuu/singers are singers first and seiyuus second. Hayami Saori's excellence at both tasks may delay her drift into pure singer. She's only 17, and not a glamorous beauty, so I think they are delaying her solo singing debut until she is at her peak in both skill and looks.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote