View Single Post
Old 2008-12-26, 09:23   Link #71
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by therationalpi View Post
That was a great episode. I'll agree that I prefer the curls in Taiga's hair, but that's just me. Also, Ami in her dominatrix getup doesn't really do it for me, but that overtly sexual things never really do. That said, I really am liking Ami a lot as a character. At first, I felt like she was nothing but two-faced and cold. However, it's very clear that she has a beat on things and is just working from behind the scenes. She has a certain chess-master quality, or maybe it's a benign observer quality.

The Minori thing did bother me. At first, I thought that something had happened with Taiga and her father that Minori knew about, and that her opinion of the father was formed before ever meeting him (Essentially, she always knew he was a scumbag). Thus, she was getting on Ryuuji when she had never had a chance to make the same mistake. When it is revealed that the same thing happened with her, though, I suddenly felt a little angry at Minori. I thought, "If you knew he could trick you like this, then why didn't you tell Ryuuji!" However, it does make Ryuuji seem like less of a moron, though.
She said it herself - it was jealousy. Minori's only human. There's also the fact that Taiga made it quite clear a year ago she wasn't to interfere in family matters. And Ryuuji wasn't being very receptive either. He knew her father abandonned Taiga, even if he didn't have all the details. He could have added what Minori said, not to mention his own mother, and drawn the conclusion he wasn't to be trusted. But he was too busy projecting his own desire for a father on Taiga.