View Single Post
Old 2009-04-12, 08:42   Link #1056
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystique View Post
Sadly baseball.
Methinks America and Japan are the only two countries in the world that take it on a major ass level, especially nationally.
Football has the world cup and while Japan did pretty well in... 02 was it when they hosted it with S Korea, both America and Japan aren't as strong nor probably passionate about it...
Well, Japan more so then America definitely.
But I'm sure baseball enthuiasts all know about 'Ichiro'. The coverage baseball gets over here in the back of the newspapers completely shadows football unless its the World Cup or something (once every 4 years though...)

It's amusing when I came here and people looked at me thinking i surely must have known something about baseball.
Until I tell them I'm from UK and aside from America and Japan, don't look to Europeans much for things concerning baseball, lol.
I understand it, it's not too different from something we have over here called 'Rounders', but Japan wise, I'd go with baseball.

One of those US-Japan culture things
Huh, I thought British called baseball rounders. never realized it was different sports.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circular Logic View Post
Mm, I remember when I said that I'd never seen a baseball game, live or on TV in my life, everyone went . And then double the wtf factor when I tried to mention cricket or rugby.

Baseball's ridiculously popular in Japan; the amount of media time Ichiro gets is staggering (and annoying). And let's not get started on the WBC
If Ichiro is that popular then what about soccer player like Nakamura? Does he get certain amount of media coverage?