Thread: Licensed Mahoraba ~Heartful Days~
View Single Post
Old 2006-05-20, 04:36   Link #75
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by npal
I have just one gripe. I hate it when they force me to buy the manga (obviously, I'm not into manga, so I'll never buy it, but I still hate it when they do that) to see THE ending.

Oh well, other than that, I'm seriously consider putting it up in my top 5.
But that's marketing you have to buy some part of something that you like like me, I like anime figures. I have to buy them! LOL

Basically, my marketing strategy would be: "I make something good. If they like, they buy"

And same about licensing. It's a marketing strategy, in this case licensing it would take a great deal of losses money-wise, unless if your like me with that who-cares-about-money type of attitude. Simply, there are only a handful of Mahoraba fans. And I'll say, this handful of us is the good, sensible kind but licensing it would mean it would cater to the few, the proud of us....

It's the same kind of mentality I developed when I figured Kokoro's Library wasn't even close to licensing....that also gave me the idea that licensing it myself wouldn't be a bad idea...I've contacted my local asian TV station regarding this, and they told me I'll need to buy airtime. Of course, I'll also have to own the broadcast rights as well....

But hey, if we're going to try to get Mahoraba licensed....we'll have to do my Kozue-chan brainwashing on a larger scale My first target location would have to be Anime Expo

But hey, I intend to license this series myself. I admitted so during Mahoraba's airing, and my plan suggests that I fund a smaller company like CPM, I for one don't want ADV lol....and so, with that word, back to work lol...
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote