Thread: Crunchyroll Hunter X Hunter Anime (2011)
View Single Post
Old 2013-09-30, 07:20   Link #3656
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCAL View Post
Seems last week's Hunter x Hunter episode made it to the top ten... But we may never see it there again.

EDIT: That rhyme was unintentional
Geez, what's with all the pessimism flying around? Let's put a bit of trust in the franchise ! What would have you said if they told you in 2008 that they would have made a complete remake of Fullmetal Alchemist, not only faithful to the manga, but synched to end together with it, and it would have grown to be one of the most praised anime series ever? What if they had told you that in 2012 a minor studio with a low budget would have done an anime out of an already partly adapted archaeological piece of manga history and turn it into the pop phenomenon that was Jojo's Bizarre Adventure? Hell, even this HXH remake seemed to say the least an odd beast when they announced it. Remaking an entire long-running shonen series from scratch? How queer, they hadn't gone that far even with Dragonball Kai.

My point is, sometimes logic works, but not always - success and sales of a series are not directly proportional only to its timeslot, production values etc., but are also controlled by random factors. Namely, we can't be sure HXH won't stay good enough even at night for it to keep airing as much as it needs to. They must know what the risks are, so honestly, I doubt they would deny themselves more money just to avoid showing some gruesome scenes - they've already shown a lot, it's hardly going to be worse from now on. And I guess they would rather do some censorship, if it came at that. Maybe the timeslot change took place simply because they realized that the target audience ended up being more adult than what they previously suspected and they thought it was worth the risk.

Either way, I simply hope they plan ahead. I'm not such a die hard fan of the manga that I couldn't withstand any cuts, if there was a reason for them. Not all Chimaera Ant arc is excellent material like the one we've seen - I think there's a slower part which *could* be shortened if push comes to shove. And that's my worst case scenario.

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Gan_HOPE326 is offline   Reply With Quote