View Single Post
Old 2006-12-07, 23:50   Link #425
Ptolemi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by musouka View Post
False. History is written by the winners, but often, through careful study, people will come away with different perspectives. Even if it takes hundreds of years. If your generalization was true then there why would history books be now admitting that things like the Trail of Tears were wrong?

Furthermore, you are not helping the discussion by blithely using such pat phrases. We're not talking about "history" we're talking about a series of actions we are supposing are happening in real time. Furthermore, since we are witnessing exactly what happens, we are in a situation that allows us to discuss the morality of Light's actions. We don't have to wait until there is a "winner" or a "loser".

Let's talk in todays terms: He is wrong

Let's talk in the futures terms if he wins: he is right

Lets talk in the futures terms if he looses: he is wrong

There did i "contribute" to the discussion even though i had lines upon lines posted earlier in here. I don't want to be mean, but if you do not understand a situation do not get into it without doing the research.

If my comment was too complicated you could have asked me to dumb it down so that you can understand it. You don't need to come out with such statements. If i did not understand something you said i would ask for you to simplify. Now read it over again and try to do some analyzing.

EDIT: My "generalization" ehh? I don't see how that "fight" was won. Indians are still here and the ones who were in power were "overthrown" by others who had different ideas... back to the statement of winners write the morals

Last edited by Ptolemi; 2006-12-08 at 00:04.