View Single Post
Old 2011-09-10, 01:12   Link #320
darkalpha

As much as I'm looking forward to this series, I can't help but feel puzzled by Sunrise's decision to adapt Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon into anime. The novels are still on-going, and I'm getting an impression that there's a lot more volumes on the way. Eventually Sunrise's going to be forced to go for either an anime-only ending (which usually doesn't end well), or end the series on a neutral tone and wait for more source material to come out (like what happened to the original HxH anime).

If Sunrise was going to adapt Minoru Kawakami's work into anime, why didn't it go for Owari no Chronicle? It's a (very distant) prologue to this series as the author created a large and complex universe (more about the series in this thread http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=90619 ), and has some elements that would make it easier for adaption to anime as opposed to the Horiozn:

- has significantly smaller main and supporting cast; I fear that the Horizon anime might not fare well in developing its large and diverse cast, like what happened in Angel Beats! anime.

- takes place in more contemporary setting (early 21st century), while Horizon takes place in very distant future and very few sci-fi anime taking place in distant future has fared well, if memory serves me correctly.

- and most importantly, it's FINISHED series. Much easier time planning out the story progression if you already know how it ends.
darkalpha is offline   Reply With Quote