View Single Post
Old 2012-01-01, 04:58   Link #1932
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
One thing that I did notice about the difference between Korean and Japanese megagroups is the talent at the individual level. I may be biased, but having personally met SNSD, I can see that almost every single member could do well on her own. It's also what seems to be the trend with girl groups in general, with most members of a former major girl group having a post-group musical career.
I've read personal experience of wannabes who went through K-Pop idol bootcamps and they are always the same with horrids tales of sufferings. And those that didn't make the grade gets the boot if they didn't quit in the first place on their own accord.

So, for the likes of Shinee and SNSD, it will be a given for the members to succeed in their solo careers after what they have gone through.

Quote:
On the other hand, you don't see the same level of success with former members of Japanese girl groups after they leave the group. My feeling has always been that Japanese mega groups tend to mask the relatively low talent on the individual level.
As mentioned earlier, it's more like those members of J Girls Groups are selling their cute factor rather than their talents. I don't think the management cares much about where the girls come from anyway, just as long as they have the looks. Besides, if one of them mess up, there's always more foolish aspirants to pick from and placed in the firing line.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote