View Single Post
Old 2012-03-26, 18:17   Link #60
Kirarakim

I guessed Reiko (or I should say supported that theory) but was thrown off by the whole Mikami Sensei thing.

Well I guess guessing half the mystery is not too bad.

Anyways I feel I am in the minority here with my feelings for this series. While I found it enjoyable to watch week by week I also found it largely forgettable.

For the good stuff even though it was guessed (by some good detectives) before the reveal I like how the series set up the mystery of the Another. I also did enjoy the relationship of Mei & Kouichi.

Unfortunately though that is the only real praise I can give Another. I thought these last two episodes were way over the top in the horror and gore aspect. But even more so I just felt the series had nothing interesting to say. After all the senseless killing of student by student to have your protagonist "have to kill his aunt", seems rather pointless to me in the scheme of things. Yes I understand why he had to do it from a narrative perspective, but from a thematic perspective it seems pretty pointless to me.

I think the series was most interesting in the episodes when Mei and Kouichi were being ignored and they became close over this shared circumstance . I wish this plot line had not been dropped so soon.

I also wish there could have been more development with Kouichi's relationship with his aunt. Although I do realize that might have made her status as the Another too obvious.