View Single Post
Old 2013-04-13, 02:54   Link #1456
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
No...I'm saying that it's what happens normally...
By "normal conditions", I mean in normal countries without magoi absorption devices. Poverty kills people in many ways (starvation, disease, crime...)

Quote:
Highly doubt they can leave, the area itself is restricted and a secret to all but the high ranks,
Only the younger students don't know. But outsiders don't know either, so maybe you're right.

Quote:
they are regularly inspected and their weak and dying thrown into a pit...I highly highly doubt they would even care to listen to someone saying they want to leave.
We can blame Mogamett and his system for that, but they're without pride. They don't seem to crave a life of toil to earn a living, preferring to be idle and get fed anyway. Even if the end is somewhat unpleasant.

Quote:
We're talking about civilians, not soldiers. The magicians that died joined the war voluntarily and they should have known the risk of going into battle...the people down in the 5th level were innocent civilians.

That is true, their situations are very different but it's been clear since the very beginning that Dumblemort didn't give two shits about Goi and would sacrifice them in a heartbeat if it benefits magicians,
If it saved them. It's fear, not greed that drives him.

Quote:
but Lolimagi has yet to show such traits or even done anything like that to her own people.

So in my eyes...Dumblemort is still 100 times worse than Lolimagi.
Two hundred years and an unrivaled empire, and what did she produce? Slavers and conquerors. An empire in which, I notice, there's still plenty of oppressed underclass.

At least, whatever bad choices Mogamett made, were guided by justified fear. What's Sheherazad's excuse?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote