View Single Post
Old 2009-01-05, 10:05   Link #2073
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
Wait, you have to tag yourself to be allowed to be attacked on a PvE server? Zzzz.
There are several ways to be flagged on a PvE server:

1. Flag yourself.
2. Attack someone who is flagged, either player or NPC.
3. Buff/heal/rez someone who is flagged (does not count towards NPC's).
4. Enter a PvP area (Wintergrasp, Battlegrounds or enemy capitals).
5. Accepting PvP quests, your flag will remain on as long as the quest is in your log.

For the later 3, the flag lasts for 5 minutes, if you flag yourself the flag lasts until you unflag yourself, and as soon as you do the 5 minute timer starts.

Quote:
Well, on PvP servers if you don't gank/help out others, you're a Carebear.
So basically, if I'm a level 80 wandering around the Boreans looking for herbs, and I see a 71 questing, I have to gank him or I'm a carebear?

I'll choose to be a carebear then, thanks.

Quote:
Furthermore, almost all gankers on PvP servers will re-gank or call their friends to make it a camp-fest. You have to grow a thick skin and learn to smack anything that has a red label. Most of the time I come out on top, but it's a learning process. Meh, PvP isn't for everyone. But on the other hand, that is where Blizzard splashes the cash out to players.
Don't misunderstand, I don't mind PvP myself, I just hate not being able to level because some bored 80's decide I'm their next chewtoy. If they'd introduce some safety measure for leveling, and leveling alone (like how WAR turns high-level players going to lowbie RvR areas into chickens) I'd like PvP servers a lot more.

I enjoy the challenge, but being blasted by a level 80 with too much time on his hands as a level 40 is not a challenge.

Last edited by Keroko; 2009-01-05 at 10:48.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote