View Single Post
Old 2009-05-04, 08:51   Link #22
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Personally, I'm way more partial to the NagiXWataru pairing. This episode specifically highlights why I like that pairing (apart from the obvious reason).

1) They're basically peas from the same pod. From before, we know that Nagi is an otaku, while a few episodes before Wataru's special skill (watch 52 anime episodes in one sitting) is in the same vein as being an otaku. In this episode they go one step further by highlighting their inferiority complexes, showing it both through their reactions on being short, but especially through other's observation that both wear a miffed expression all year round because of these complexes.

2) The two act like they want nothing to do with each other, and in fact actually are currently pursuing different LIs for both parties, but yet still hasn't broken their engagement. This is humourously done in this episode, where Wataru says that your life is over the moment you get involved with Nagi. I find it funny since it's ironic considering Wataru is engaged to Nagi, and just a few episodes before, he did something for Nagi's sake where he specifically said it's because she's his fiancee. XD

3) The mindread scene exhibits just how well the two understand each other. Wataru 'mindreads' Nagi knowing something's up from the day before, but unfortunately, it goes both ways, as Nagi 'mindreads' him back knowing of his intentions to go to Hayate to ask for the nitty gritty details. XD

As for the Hayate pairing, I think it's pretty obvious that even from season one, if there's any girl Hayate is romantically interested in, it would be Maria. Seems like its reciprocated as well, though to be fair, both aren't really actively pursuing their feelings for some reason or other.

Of course, me being me, I can't help but hope for Hayate and A-tan (aka. mentioned last season as Hayate's ex-girlfriend that taught him the ways of the butler and how to treat life in general).