Thread: Licensed Sasami-san@Ganbaranai
View Single Post
Old 2013-01-18, 14:52   Link #221
Sol Falling

I have to echo the other voices which say that episode 2 was not as engaging was the first one, unfortunately. While I've got no particular problems with the plot, the comedy/character interactions lacked the tension of the first episode. Those dialogueless, intricately animated sequences of Sasami getting dressed or being waited upon by her brother spoke volumes more than, for example, this episode's use of caricatured manga faces.

Nonetheless, now that the plot premise has been laid out plainly, I guess it's time to see where this series goes with it. I would hope SHAFT can step up the future execution of the story back to the level of episode 1 (because half the time, that's precisely what makes a SHAFT show: the execution), but I'll settle to focus on the story for now.

One thing that did strike me as very amusing in this episode was how the brother just lay with his face down and ass up through the entire sequence "inside" the game world. There were the three Yagami sisters and Sasami talking about gods and stuff, and he just lay there not speaking or even moving. It was said that he was a brother who lacked "common sense" about normal reality, but given that up until recently it was actually Sasami who had Amaterasu inside her I now have to wonder what side of the world his brain actually resides on. If he is clueless about reality, but just as passive about this "gods" business, then does he really belong anywhere at all?
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote