View Single Post
Old 2010-09-13, 20:40   Link #4349
Midnight Bliss
Radiant as the sun;
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Midnight Bliss
Quote:
Originally Posted by physics223 View Post
Let me correct you that Rei went out with Hisashi first, before that incident between Saeko and Komuro happened. All bets are off, but if you're going to blame someone, blame Rei first. If you really like the guy you show the guy that you care for him. You don't berate him and insult him, because anyone being done that would feel bad.

Takashi pretty much ignored her for those years after doing that promise. Rei saw he wouldn't even try. Relationships are like friendships in the sense that for a friendship to work, both people have to do an equal amount of mutual effort to keep things going well and work things out. If one person is the only one trying, what's the point? I've known this with past friendships and I can say Rei fell like trash pretty much. Failing a grade, as said before, is a pretty big deal over there, especially when she's an A student and always does her work, also things with her dad considering how close she is to him also did damage to her. So of course, seeing Takashi wouldn't do anything but come back with a curious nose as to why she failed the grade, she held onto Hisashi, because he was the only person who tried to understand her. And for all these years their relationship has been strained and they have barely talked to each other, now is when they can communicate their honest feelings to each other, because back then, they were just kids. And that's why Rei shamefully admits basically that she didn't exactly love Hisashi, not like she has always loved Takashi, and she was really honest in this episode/part of the manga, she pretty much has ever since they've started talking again when the whole thing started.

Sorry if I'm sounding like i'm arguing or debating, I'm a bit used to this. XD I'm not trying to make you mad or anything but those are my two cents there.

I just think Rei is such a realistic character and she's not a bad person when you put yourself in her shoes and understand her. She's taken things a lot better than a lot of people would at her age, imo. She also tries to fix her mistakes on her own which I think is an admirable thing, but that's just me. D : I know she's hated a lot, even if she's like the third most popular character in HoTD and 4th on the Top Manga Characters List and stuff.

Can't wait for next week's episode. I don't think there'll be an anime only ending, judging by how things are going. Uh, I hope not, at least. :c

I also thought at first things were about rape and stuff, but they were different. And those sketches are pretty interesting, how a character's look changes over time as the mangaka develops more ideas. XD
Midnight Bliss is offline   Reply With Quote