Old 2010-12-23, 17:18   Link #7467
Nemuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bastion_Arcion View Post
*Sigh*
Compare:
Spoiler for Athena:

Spoiler for Hinagiku:

The reactions are completely different. Athena he doesn't even react until she forces him to, and even then it's by physical force.
Hinagiku he reacts to, in words as well as actions, without any force or physical interaction. Hinagiku doesn't even think she will attract his attention. The next page of Hinagiku's link even has her counter-react and stay on that topic mentally for the rest of the night, while Athena goes and gives us exposition.
lol, hohohohoho................

Okay here is my interpretation

picture 1 : Hayate is acting shyly while trying to avoid looking directly at Athena. The top right panel shows blush meaning he is seeing beauty. The third panel (going from left to right) shows both of them avoiding eye contact which is normal when you like someone or exhibiting shyness in general.
Notice the speech bubbles (panel 3) it illustrates them trying to saying, they want to say something but can’t think of anything to say at moment. Maybe you should look up the meaning of tactless it is something that hayate doesn’t show often which implies something ^^,

Picture 2:
Well I might be bias but he is entrance by beauty somewhat, although it doesn't mean much since it is a normal reaction for males to be awe struck. And if you can compliment someone directly Hayate is either bold or just means as it is without hidden meanings, although he does compliment everyone when they are dress up (which is the root for most of the misunderstanding)

I would say avoiding eye contact after blushing is a more powerful reaction rather admiring beauty which is an everyday occurrence.

So now we have my interpretation from imagines, although with the manga style I wouldn't put much thought into it since the author doesn't have a knack for drawing detailed emotion. Now let see what poster 2-10 has to say about the same picture.

Last edited by Nemuru; 2010-12-23 at 17:28.
Nemuru is offline   Reply With Quote