View Single Post
Old 2011-07-23, 17:53   Link #1731
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
Here's another thing, if not for the Asian Conservative streak, why the need for an alias during the AV stint ? I'm sure you realise none of those AV Actress are using their real birth name. Even Rina Nakanishi of AKB48 have to adopt the name of Riku Yamaguchi when she jumped bandwagon. And her mainstream past is only implied in her AV releases.

So, if the public is as forgiving as your have said, there would be more of them on the small screen or a regular basis given the recruitment rate. They are in the entertainment industry afterall and are cult idol to say the least. But we have the odd 1 or 2 appearing as guest on late night entertainment before disappearing altogether.
It's not that the public is forgiving, it's more of that the JAV actresses themselves have nothing much except using their bodies in the JAVs. How many of them do you think will have what it takes to maintain any sort of following as a regular "idol", leaving aside being naked. And in the fast paced idol scene, I doubt that there would be many former JAV actresses able to maintain their popularity, when even talented ones burn out pretty quickly.

Quote:
I see your point. But like I've said, they can get hitched, but it's another matter if everything have a happy outcome.

And given the state of the Internet today, a film isn't going to fade away once uploaded. The girl's past will always be back to bug her and it will make an valid argument point in a quarrel.
I wouldn't say that marriages will have happy endings. However, given how a mass majority have already slept around before marrying, a JAV career wouldn't make that much of an ammo for most couples without things becoming hypocritical.

Quote:
Yes, they are right in wanting a quick buck, but it kind of bother me that they have no long term plans.
Quote:
So, once they are out of the business, they can't really do much when the cash runs out with all those exposure. As I said earlier, her past will always come back to haunt her. A regular job wouldn't be able to satisfy her if she had no long term plans, which is most likely the case. And I don't believe she has the Qualification to get into some high level admin post nor know how to run a business. All the more pathetic is, the recruitement rate isn't going down.
It all comes back to the point that nowadays it is very hard to have a long term plan with the stagnation that is going on. Unless that is solved, I really don't see why the recruitment rate would go down at all. The youth of Japan in general doesn't seem to have any sort of long term plan. Then why would you expect those in the JAV industry to have any of their own?
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote