View Single Post
Old 2012-09-03, 12:46   Link #167
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronelm2000 View Post
I don't know... is that actually a bad thing? I mean... come next episode, I'm pretty sure people are gonna call hax on Heathcliff. I don't think the Heathcliff reveal is something that can easily be deduced by mere deduction. And, I think that, if up til now things can be speculated upon and can be right, it portrays good foreshadowing....

...and now I'm waiting when the usurper leader of The Army is revealed to be none other than That Guy....
I consider it a problem because the average viewer (as we've seen from the last 9 episode discussion threads) doesn't take the time to think and use their heads.

A-1 have for the most part been doing things fairly subtly, with a whole "show don't tell" methodology, which is great for those of us who've read the light novels and it's rewarding for those viewers who sit down and think.

But it's something that completely flies above the head of the average anime viewer with a short attention span.

It's like Clint Eastwood's speech where he called out Obama by having a conversation of sorts with an empty chair. That's a jab at Obama - he's made mistakes and screwed up, and the empty chair is a metaphor. Average american?

"LOLWHUT, some old dude is talking to an empty chair."

So yes, it is a problem of sorts, because the average viewer doesn't think, and expects things to be spoonfed to them.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote