View Single Post
Old 2007-09-30, 17:17   Link #410
relentlessflame

*Administrator

D.C. II ~Da Capo II~ Plot Summary
Yume Asakura

Disclaimers -- Please read!
This is a plot summary, and not a translation. It's not a translation because I'm not a translator, and don't know enough Japanese to pass as one. The plot summary is intended to convey a general sense of what goes on in the game for those who may never be able to play it themselves. While I did my best to fully understand everything, look up the complicated kanji, research the tricky parts, and so on, I obviously can't guarantee that every single detail is perfect (though I tried!) If you've played the game and notice something incorrect or unclear, please by all means correct me! The last thing I want is to pass as some sort of expert while conveying false information -- I'm as interested in the truth as everyone else.

The other thing I want to point out from the get go: this summary is long -- really, really long (I think it's something like 24 pages in Word). Why is it so long if it's only a summary, you may wonder? I spent a great deal of time considering this problem. I kept my Minatsu summary pretty short, because I felt that a lot of the early details weren't really all that important to the "meat" of the plot. But, with Yume's story, I found that there were too many little details in the early parts of the story that turned out to be important down the road. Summarizing them too much destroyed the flow of the story, and gave away the ending in little ways. So, instead of glossing over the early parts, I decided to summarize them as well. The net effect is that rather than being an "ending summary", it's a summary of the entire Yume story. And it's long. For the "tl;dr" crowd (for whom this disclaimer was already too long), I might include an Executive skip-all-the-good-stuff-just-tell-me-how-it-ends Summary at the end. But I recommend the long version, because it's the most like the game, and that makes it more fun (unless you hate bishoujo games, in which case, why are you here? )

And now, without further ado...

An Introduction to Yume:
Junichi's second grandaughter and younger sister to Otome. All in all, she's a well-intentioned, kind-hearted, and slightly-introverted girl. She inherited just a bit of her grandmother's trademark "black" side (but not a lot), and her grandfather's trademark "kattarui" saying. She gets along with her sister quite well, and exchanges a good amount of banter with Yoshiyuki (who teases her quite often). She has a bit of a sarcastic streak, and will sometimes mouth off only to turn around and say that she's just joking when people start chiding her for it. Above all, though, she tends to be pretty prim and proper, and to get easily flustered and embarrassed when teased (which is probably why she gets teased so much by Otome and Yoshiyuki).

Spoiler for Yume Plot Summary - Part 1 of 5:
I'll aim to post the second part within the next day or two, and so on until we reach the end! It's all already written, I just have to go through and take screencaps.

Onward to Part 2

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2008-06-29 at 23:28. Reason: Add link to next part
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote