View Single Post
Old 2012-09-08, 02:40   Link #30
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
Simple answer he's the main character of the last part of the story so we needs to be involved in the war somehow.
Sure, I can understand that. But in the context of the show actual show, there is no logical reason why a 13 yo is allowed to do any of the things he is doing. Even with Flit there was some resistance to him piloting the AGE-1, and he only did it at first due to Largan being injured. They went out of their way to justify it back then which is why this is so problematic now, since unlike Flit, Kio has parents and a family who should be stepping and stopping him ...

Which leads to the conclusion that the Asuno's are really just a bunch of a-holes in general who don't care about each other.
Quote:
A more complicated answer may be that the Earth Federation is short on man power because of all the fight happening on Earth. Also Flint is pulling most of the strings here so may be he believe Kio will come around.
Aside it from being unlikely (because then that would mean that the Vegans have managed to wipe out at least two thirds of all adult population of the human race, and at that point I doubt anyone would want to see them alive by the end) and downright irredeemable for Flit to continue to force his lone, underage grandson to fight in a war he has no understanding of what to do in, is conflicted and is seriously in danger of throwing his life away, it still does not answer why are they giving one of the most hi-tech MS in the entire Federation to the kid, when a more seasoned pilot could be using it to help win and end the war ...
Quote:
I still wish the series expanded on this a little more.
You and me both. I'd love to know what Romery is thinking while her only son had been trained to become a child soldier who has killed people and now is constantly placed in situations where he is a breath away from death.

Yeah, what a family ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raysoul View Post
As for Kio being allowed in the battlefield, is because he can fight and pilot a Gundam. How he fights is another question.
And? A lot of soldiers can fight, it's what they are trained to do. And it's not like you need to be an Asuno to pilot a Gundam in the first place, since Largan was the designated pilot of the AGE-1, Woolf was thinking about doing it, and we have two different pilots of Gundams in the past.

So, why is the 13 yo who has no idea what to do and has resolved to throw his life away in order to not kill allowed on the battlefield?