View Single Post
Old 2006-10-19, 05:16   Link #2
BlackDove
Unheard

Okay I managed to see it translated.

Pretty much what you'd expect from Stand Alone Complex.

They threw away the idea that Motoko needs to mother the viewer and they let her do her thing (for a scene later to work flawlessly) while the action was more oriented on the work Section 9 does while chasing down the case.

It worked much like Innocence in a matter of speaking, although with Innocence, I doubt the audience was ready for Motoko to be missing from the picture, much like here I think that the viewers will tolerate her being gone from most of it.

At any rate, the story's pretty spiffy and it does require you to be a fan of the series. For anyone who doesn't already care about the characters, the movie will be downright boring five minutes into it because it assumes you already care about the story (which I did, so it was all flowing nicely for me).

The story itself isn't really clarified until the ending hits, but I guess that's what we'd come to expect from the show, most of the stuff being revealed near the end. The get up to the finale however is fairly complex and I don't really want to get into it yet seeing how I just finished viewing it, suffice it to say you'll probably want to view it more than once.

Oh and... Origa just simply rules in this one as well.

Can't wait for the OST and the announcment of the third series/next movie/whatever format they're planning to use to continue the SAC.

Whatever the continuation's going to be, it's surely to be awesome seeing how the movie sets a very good stage for what's to come.
BlackDove is offline   Reply With Quote