View Single Post
Old 2010-04-21, 13:59   Link #74
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiba View Post
I just don't see it. Envy, quite literally, is the most disgusting of the seven sins and I feel the same about him. There's nothing to like about someone that terrible and hideous, and God knows I'm enjoying this part.
You do know Envy is a villain right? They're supposed to be terrible and hideous. The fact that he's so much so is what makes him an interesting, compelling and entertaining antagonist that enriches the story and makes for great conflict with the heroes.

TV Tropes' answer to why "Evil is Cool" puts it well:
Quote:
Because you don't have a story unless you have conflict. The bad guy — in most cases — is the conflict. The more interesting the conflict, the more interesting the story. It really is that simple.
I'm sure nobody really likes him as a person, but as a fictional character and villain, he's great.

Quote:
You know who Risa is because Envy can't make guns.
Eh, I wouldn't be so sure about that. Who says he didn't make the one he shot Hughes with? We didn't see him transforming into Ross.

And if he can make clothes, things that are separate from the body itself, it's not such a stretch that he'd be able to make guns as well.

Last edited by Vicious108; 2010-04-21 at 14:18.