View Single Post
Old 2008-03-21, 21:30   Link #449
Gotank
Evil Chewy Thing

1. Rozen Maiden - I do admit there are probably superior anime series to this one, but it's on the top of my list due to its originality, character depth, and the number of times I've whole-heartedly laughed at its humor. Its absolutely fantastic OST also had an effect on this decision.
2. Code Geass - The protagonist, Lelouch, is probably one of the most interesting characters I've seen in anime. Not to mention character depth and a big animation budget, the show's philosophical aspects really made it memorable. The fact that chess is played properly in that show is a big plus.
3. Kanon 2006 - Ahh, the Ayu arc really hit things home on this series. The whole buildup to the mystery behind Ayu is not only a very interesting twist, but also strengthened the emotional aspects of the series. Oh ya, and the Uguu~s are funny.
4. Clannad - On the same boat as Kanon 2006, but the humor is also a memorable aspect of this series for me. The ending to Kotomi's arc is awe inspiring. My opinion of this series will probably change (for better or worse) once episode 22 airs.
Tied 5. Full Metal Alchemist - Great themes and concepts. In addition to the amazing plot and great animation, the portrayal of characters and their depth is another of this show's many strengths.
Tied 5. Shakugan no Shana - There's probably a lot of mixed opinions on this series. But from where I can see the series is heading, it's only going to be better and better. More character development and a balance between harem and action pushes this series away from the crowd.