View Single Post
Old 2011-05-10, 22:20   Link #74
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Forgot about the final impressions thread... ( -_-)

Anyways, well, as far as Shaft goes, it feels like it has been a while since they made something that was actually interesting.
Though as always, not really for the better, they love showing how "amazing" their art sense is and doesn't match with the other art designs around them.
As far as this anime goes, the dark atmosphere and all of the craziness actually fits, but the main problem is the character designs. If there is one problem I can find with this anime, it is the character designs. Horrible! I never felt this way with Hidamari, but this manga-ka's designs do not match the atmosphere in this show.

The other problems would be...
Mainly, Shaft-quality. They might love using fancy art, but the quality of the actual art isn't all that good. I still remember the episode revealing Homura's past and how her face got flatter and flatter and pancake-like everytime she returned to the past.
Some connection with Steins;Gate?

Also, while the story was interesting, I guess it is a bit... meh(?) that it was all about some girl with a crazy obsession towards another girl.
Kind of reminds me of Iriya no Sora, with how aliens and outer forces move the story but only play as a background while the main focus is on a certain character and in the end, the background is never explained completely... which is okay, I guess, since the focus wasn't on that background anyways.

But all in all, it was very interesting (though not to the "OMG, I can't wait for next week!"-level), and it was one of the very few shows of its season that was decent at all.
Before the season, I knew it was going to be one cold season, but I'm glad there was a surprising flame in the shape of this anime.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote