Thread: Licensed Haibane Renmei opinions?
View Single Post
Old 2009-04-26, 01:30   Link #115
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Just finished up this anime.

I would've loved to have learned more about the world in Haibane Renmei, but it seems that this was not one of the primary focuses of the story.

Overall it was a solid anime. I enjoyed the watch nonetheless, which is getting harder to say sometimes when I'm watching anime lately. Unlike most anime, I felt like I was really pulled into the world of Haibane Renmei, where I personally was as curious as Rakka as she explored her new world. For this fact, it definitely earns a positive review no matter what.

My only criticisms revolve around how some of the characters were developed, specifically Rakka. At first, she really just seemed like a flat character. She was just an innocent being, which was not necessarily a bad thing. However, they took further steps in putting her into a situation where, for lack of a better word, she goes emo. It just seemed to be too large of a leap for me for her to go form being extremely happy about her existence, to wanting to be erased and becoming sin-bound. Oh well, I can live with it.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote