View Single Post
Old 2010-06-13, 23:26   Link #74
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
Why is everyone so eager to spoil a certain other anime series here? Not everyone here has watched that anime, you know.

Anyways, this episode was just excellent. I respect May, a short 8-year old girl, for holding out so well against Father. Father's abilities in this episode were quite surprising and somewhat novel, especially the big gun and how he transmuted May's kunai.

Scar can finally be considered a complete alchemist! Although he apparently needs two arms to do alchemy.

Giant Father really freaked me out. I can't see any characters fighting that monster, so I hope that someone smart will end up activating the reverse transmutation circle and potentially destroying Father. It was wise for Arakawa to introduce that earlier in the story so we probably will not get a deus ex machina end to overthrow Father and bring back everyone.
Actually, I heard so much about how this FMA manga chapter was like Evangelion that I went and watched it. Glad I did before watching this episode

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
That little muthereffer in that little muthereffin flask...He ain't little no more ...I have no idea what to expect, what's truly going on, or any scenario in the history of anime that has prepared me for what's to come... What will destroy or defeat this spawn of what seems far worse than hell is an enigma I can't even find the starting point for...As I screamed "Holy $hit!!" at this THING exiting the glass doors of WTFville, I realize there's nothing holy about any of this...
Yeah... that's pretty much how Evangelion effected me too- oh wait you mean the FMA episode, you obviously didn't see Evangelion first. Yup... End of Evangelion is pretty much a must see I guess. Once it screws your mind over you will never be fully mind screwed again.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?

Last edited by Sackett; 2010-06-13 at 23:39.