View Single Post
Old 2010-08-05, 12:28   Link #20
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
Reinforce is also a device, which Hayate uses, too. Both the original and Rein Zwei.
Kinda makes me wonder on what Zwei's real purpose is. The book is basically the power plant, and the staff is the cannon, so Rein is...a glorified fire control? Well, at least she's cute

Quote:
Reasons 2 and 3 I'll buy as to why most mages only use one; basically, one device can do everything you need it to most of the time. reason 1 I won't, because the whole point of an ID is to make casting easier. ID's compensate for the mage, even firing off spells of their own if needed. Two ID's would naturally work together, if programmed to do so. It's like have two buddies fighting with you, helping you.

But issues of practicality aside, the original question was *can* they use more than one intelligent device? The answer: Yes, they can.
Fair enough. I wrote reason 1 just in case the speculation drifts from "two intelligent devices" to "two devices" anyway . And yes, for now it looks like the answer is YES. Makes me wonder on how much a single ID cost, though , especially since most TSAB grunts seems to be limited to non-intelligent magic spears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanya01 View Post
So, anyway, if Fortis is just the field commander, who the heck is the main leader of the Huckubein?
The Silver Cross itself perhaps? Whispering its dark biddings to their subconsciousness?