View Single Post
Old 2007-09-29, 23:02   Link #57
Neki Ecko
Dancing with the Sky

Send a message via Yahoo to Neki Ecko
I see that is alot of different scores around the table and it is one of those series that its going to be alot of different opinions and impressions. I think mines is different as well, so lets begins(wall of text, approved by Neki Ecko)

Animation Quality (1-10): Well you look at the animation, I swear its look like the OAV from the beginning of the game, but everything else is subpar, nothing will jump out and surprise or shock people about the animation but they did a good job on certain scene here and there but all of all, the animation is okay. (6.5 of 10)

Voice Actors (1-10): I think VA did a good job to characters' personalities. Makoto's VA was all well and good from his shy self at beginning to the very, Sekai's did a nice job on her emotions she had. Everybody else was so-so, you have some good performaces like Setsuna, Koto, and Kotoro and others was okay, but nothing really stand out to you when you listen to it. (6.5 of 10)

Script (1-10): Now this is going to be a tough one to graded because you have many things you have to think about it.
1) You have to compact all the story arc into 12 eps. I know that they have did all the story arc without compacting it, it will be like 26 - 30 eps even more, and that was going to make people not looking at it if was that long for this type of harem anime(I think they was following KGNE way)
2) I think because what happened with the Axe murder, they have to changed the script up, and in a way it was a blessing and a curse at the same tme. The curse was they have to take out some of the scenes (like if Sekai was carried a child of not, or if Setsuna got word that Sekai was killed) we will not know until DVD comes out or get liceased in the states but the blessing is will get to see a "Nice Boat" at the end.
But this is the first time they use a dark element when it comes down to Harem anime and they did a good job on that, it could been alittle bit better at the end but Makoto is dead and that is what everybody want to see(I dont mind see Otome and Makoto died too but they will get it one day) (8.5. of 10) (added 1.0 for the "Nice Boat")

Adaptation from Game (1-10): They did a good job adaptation from the game to the anime because if they adapted the whole entire thing, it will be like going into the Hentai levels, so they did a okay job on it (7.0 of 10)

Editing (1-10): I know that alot of people is complaining about the black blood but it was black blood or not see it at all and I say, we can look at all the red blood and "guts" on DVDs, I want to see it NOW. Besides that, Editing wasnt too bad (7.0 of 10)

Overall: This series was a rare series that pushes all the buttons and the limits of a person stupidity and trust (believe me, I think it was no trust at all) in this series, many people out there think that ending was way too out there but I have to say this, it actually happen in my hometown one time when I was younger except the girl didnt hang on his head. This series taught all of us a good lesson about relationship and trust the person you loved. This series has its faults and believe me, there was alot but at the end, its serves its purpose. This series is one of the best Dark Drama Anime this year and hopefully its open door for Dark Harem anime out come but not like this one. (9.0 of 10)