View Single Post
Old 2009-07-17, 13:06   Link #110
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
That's not what I meant. I mean how does the fantasy elements allow character development to occur. I thought that was the sole purpose of the fantasy elements. Like asking "if this happened, what would you do". Doesn't Slice of Life involve character development that can be translated to everyday life. Well what was the purpose behind the fantasy elemets? It was to enhance the theme of show right? Isn't the theme a part of slice of life?
Ok, this is a premeditated plot and the fantasy elements are there because this series is based off the visual novel. The genre doesn't necessarily have to include character development, it's more of plot development, that's why I said that it enhances the plot. Again, this isn't that significant for me to discuss and I'd rather drop this all together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I thought that development occured in episode 18 and 19 already.
Yes, the development did occur before the miracle but what development do we have if all that was left was a dead family. The point of episode 22 was self-realization for Tomoya. The miracle occurred because he had the choice to either never meet Nagisa where nothing ever happened or do it all over again no matter the circumstances. If Tomoya had never met Nagisa, then he would have never forgiven his father and he would have went on to live his life as a delinquent resentful of his life. The character development that we had was shown at the end of episode 22 where Tomoya and his family go to visit his father where his grandmother lives. Without the miracle, there would be no one alive.

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
DeX-kun is offline   Reply With Quote