View Single Post
Old 2009-07-26, 06:48   Link #158
Richard 23
piko piko pikori

Quote:
Originally Posted by SealedTime View Post
Well, thanks anyway.

I'll try to solve the problem myself then ^ ^
Reports like these are welcome of course, but not all that critical yet. The official pre release preview patches which I haven't actually tried are bound to contain typos, the scripts are long, and I personally find my eyes glazing over by the third reread.

A typo is no big deal although they can be annoying, but it's still a vast improvement over those funny characters they started out in. But a misplaced brace can render a large section of text as non-printable control characters.

We've all done it. A slip of the finger and it's game over. But odds are its already been fixed the next time one of us plays through the accessible sections of a seen file for the 47th time, reading each and every word. Ugh.

And the patches thus far have not really been releases that we all signed off on. They're simply snapshots bundled up by the selfless applehq, who doesn't think twice about sharing with anyone and everyone.

So thanks, someone messed up, it's probably been fixed, and if not, the offending party will be fired and exiled to Utah or somewhere equally appalling.

Rome wasn't built in day. And it didn't contain nearly as much dialogue.

R23