View Single Post
Old 2011-07-24, 07:57   Link #318
Dante of the Inferno
Turnin' the Tables

Bad news, friends.

Here's a post left by JJS (head of [WinD] Higurashi projects) to my inquiry about subbing Kira:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJS
I was pretty excited for a new Higurashi OVA and we were pretty much all lined up to sub it, but having watched the first episode we're probably not going to do it.

You might remember Higurashi Rei started out with a silly fanservice episode and then the remaining episodes were a serious arc. Higurashi Kira is entirely fanservice, and it's gratuitous fanservice at that. No mystery, no suspense, no horrible murders, just happy fun time and borderline hentai. I might well be proven wrong once episode 2 comes out, but it seems nothing more than a cash grab by Studio DEEN and 07th Expansion. WinD has done some silly moe stuff in our time (*cough* Lovedol *cough*), but the current staff mostly agrees that there's no point in us spending time and effort on Kira unless it stops screwing around.

I know I sound all high and mighty about this, but I was genuinely looking forward to more of what I love about Higurashi and got something completely different and frankly unnecessary instead.
If you would like to voice your desire for [WinD] subbing of Kira, please post HERE or talk directly with them on IRC

Otherwise, we'd better start looking for other subbers ASAP.