Thread: Crunchyroll Aiura
View Single Post
Old 2013-04-17, 07:00   Link #58
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
I don't have an issue with the length. In fact, I might prefer it this way, because it allows the animators to put as much effort into the visuals as possible. And behold, the backgrounds are beautifully colored, and the animation is awesome to look at.

Images
animated GIFs
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

We wouldn't get something like this if the episodes were 23 minutes long.

Aiura is enjoyable and cute. In just four minutes, it manages to achieve what some slice-of-life anime (see: Tamako Market) cannot do with 24 minutes. And that's more than enough.
I couldn't disagree with you more. As cute as those little animation sequences may be, they pale in comparison to some of the extraordinarily elaborate animation sequences in other, full-length, 24-minute anime episodes. In the first episode of Hyouka, for instance, there are probably more than two minutes of exceptional individual animation sequences, the flowing hair and flowering sequence being a prime example. It's a marvel of beautiful, extravagant animation, and lasts about thirty seconds. Even the sequence where what's-his-name walks into the club room and first meets Chitanda, again about thirty seconds long, is a better example of exceptional animation than any of your examples.

Same goes with the backgrounds. Many anime series have extraordinarily beautiful background art. The art and animation in Aiura is nice, but it's nothing exceptional.

I also disagree with your snub about Tamako Market.
FredFriendly is offline   Reply With Quote