View Single Post
Old 2009-08-11, 20:10   Link #12
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Now I have played around with Entrenchment, well, how times have changed.

LRM used to king of long range frigates and Illuminators the worst, now the Illuminator pwns even Heavy Cruisers with the help of guardians (which you need anyways) while LRMs are nothing more than cannon fodder for the most part.

Advent used to be the weakest in early game, now they have the best scouts/light frigates combat wise.

Novalith used to be conisdered the best superweapon and Kotsura the worst, but with Entrenchment, it's the other way around. Novalith is near useless when one can build starbases to prevent losing the planet from bombardment (novalith included) at a price of 2 starbases per 1 Novalith built. While Kotsura which did nothing in vanilla apart from damaging/stunning structures, can now move the ENTIRE fleet of the Vasari onto the targeted planet.

(Granted, they needed to buff Kotsura since Returning Armada ain't free anymore, so I understand that. XD)

And man, speaking of starbases, I thought they would be easy enough to take down. But man, they're tough to crack outside of bombers and the specially made ships designed to take them down. Made me respect a starbase with full defense upgrades, to say the least.
And I was stunned and awed when I read that the Vasari starbase can *move*. It shouldn't surprise me, but the mental image is just amazing.

I have yet to play it (and I'm afraid that time is running out), but I've purchased it.
Claies is offline   Reply With Quote