View Single Post
Old 2009-03-05, 17:55   Link #39
oompa loompa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
You might even back up... is there *really* a "crash" or is this a massive cry-wolf in the face of a natural downturn in the cycle of economics and mismanagement?
well i wouldnt go that far .. though its not entirely impossible. More than an actual 'crash' the economic downturn has probably just emphasized the flaws that were already in the industry. Yes, there is need of some major re-evaluation, yes, a new business model might be necessary. From what i've read and seen, the anime industry has always had a lot of the problems like the ones shown in the article, bad working conditions for animators, with the state of things obviously itd get worse now. the point is however, that this isnt anime exclusive, even if it becomes ( i really dont have the data to say whether it is or isnt, though i highly doubt it) one of the worse affected industries. However, just like other industries if something is *not* done about it, there will be consequences. We'll just have to wait, and see, and hope that it reacts well in the face of adversary. well, not that i condone sitting idly either, if we , as fans can do whatever little to help stimulate this industry, we should try atleast.. not that i know apart from actually buying products, the best way to go about that would be.
oompa loompa is offline   Reply With Quote