View Single Post
Old 2010-11-22, 12:16   Link #93
Undertaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ion475 View Post
Volume 4 is a more natural breaking point anyway (Fushimi said that himself as Volume 4 being "end of 1st half"). So naturally, being a 12 episodes anime, adapting up to volume 4 makes the most logical sense.

Makes me wonder why they keep rushing stuff last few episodes, then suddenly throw out half-original stuff this episode that makes no sense. As I said already, they could have take out (or modify) Kuroneko's speech if that's make the episode more logical, but no, they want to be faithful to the LN, and decided to throw that in anyway. Then, you can see Saori being nothing more than a background character, of course, she doesn't even appear in this part (other than those meeting in restaurant), and serve no purpose anyway...

Although one fact is certain - it's hard to like Kirino even if you read the LN. But then, by volume 3, Kirino is already showing much more dere. Anime = turn Kirino from Tsun 7 Dere 3 into Tsun 9.5 Dere 0.5, talk about inverse development of a character...

[off topic]This series not so much...Angel Beats, on the other hand...definitely need a remake[/off topic]

Next episode is another original episode I believe. Unless they mix in a part of the Drama CD original (The Ayase part...).
Really V4? I have to double check on that because the I think the seires would be really weird ending at v4 unless the production of season 2 set in stone.

But totally agree with you, the best tsundere (imo) are alway 3 tsun, 7 dere or 4:6. Haruhi of being 6:4 is already pushing the boundary. Kirino been a 7:3 in novel is already unlikeable and she did have the any "super-dere" scene or unique traits to balance it out a bit like Hitagi Senjōgahara. It's the setting that Kyosuke is her brother and the fact that there seems to be some reason behind her tsun that saves her, but Anime is not making her sympathetic by jacking up her tsun and taking away her dere.

As for Angel Beat, I do want to see a re-make, but that series doesn't have much original material to speak on and with Key involved what we see is what we get a nice little sad story that you can't help to wish for a better ending.

As for the next episode, I guess I'm focusing too much on the Eroge part of the title.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ion475 View Post
The rating can probably be divided into 3 groups:
1. Those that have read the LN - give much lower rating (5-7, and obviously the 1's and 2's) for obvious reason.
2. Those that have only watch the anime and don't seems to see what's wrong with the episode (8-10)
3. Those who always rate every episode with a 6 or 7 but keep watching the series for some reason.

Given that group 1, who usually rate the episodes 8-10 (This is the first episode that I didn't rate 9 or 10, for obvious reason), now rate it down to 5-7, you got the diversive rating.

I'm one of the people downgrade from an 8 to a 6. I was expecting an original episode that will have similar effect to the stuff it replaced but instead I got a wannabe that is a shell of itself that don't really make any sense.

I can bypass last episode's date part and write it off as necessary evil and still give it a 8 but not this one I just can't rationalize this episode even when I try to block away all the LN stuff, it only make things worse.

Again, I have nothing against original material but I hate when it ends up being just a shadow of itself. If they are going to keep the scenes at the end, why change the rest and ends up taking away the impact of the scene and destroys the character process. Even talk strictly anime, Kyosuke is acting unlike himself compare to past couple episode, and there is no dere in Kirino anymore and they cut away more Kuroneko goodness and while she still shines in the episode, her words still felt a bit awkward.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Not too keen on this episode (three guesses as to why lol), but goddamn, I love Kuroneko. Especially the way Hanazawa delivers her lines. Not quite mai waifu status, but darn close to it. <3

LOL@ the LN events. What is talked about this episode is highly ironic indeed.
I'm actually beginning to think that way too, this episode succeed on showing what not-to-do with anime adaption...

Last edited by Undertaker; 2010-11-22 at 12:59.