View Single Post
Old 2011-01-09, 09:36   Link #3084
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by B2-Lancer View Post
I was watching on Retro-TV this weekend a once uber-popular TV show that gave me an idea of one sneaky way how Haruhi's writer could wrap up the series without contradicting any physical laws or skewed time-lines or flawed story logic laced throughout the show. This top-rated iconic TV show managed to literally and credibly wipe out an ENTIRE season like all the intrigue and drama in it never happened without losing fans! Does anyone here recall "Dallas"?? For me, the real teaser that the writer could use to keep us watching after cleverly hinting such for a few chapters would be the question, is it Kyon or Haruhi??
As one of who is likely only a few regulars on this forum who was actually old enough to be cognizant back when Dallas pulled that, I can safely say that they did lose fans. Even though the series went on another four years by dint of sheer inertia, and likely regained a few of the more rabid Bobby Ewing fans that left when he did, that was arguably the moment it jumped the shark.

Last edited by quigonkenny; 2011-01-09 at 09:47.
quigonkenny is offline   Reply With Quote