View Single Post
Old 2011-03-02, 14:30   Link #22136
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by haguruma View Post
I just find it strange for a lawyer, someone with academic insight, to believe in something like an inherently good action.
Why is that difficult to believe? My personal morality and my professional obligation are not necessarily one and the same. I advance positions all the time that are beneficial to my employer which I may or may not agree with (or at least have no opinion on). The mere fact that I do so does not mean I fully support it, it's just the nature of the work.

If you think every defense lawyer out there believes, truly believes, that all of his clients are innocent... well, heh. You can't afford to eat if you only take clients you genuinely believe aren't guilty (and even then, 99% of the time the ones you "truly believe" aren't guilty in fact are).

A meta-trial - a real one, not a show trial like the end of ep5 - would make for a pretty fascinating setting in the Umineko context. Put Kyrie on trial. Put George on trial for being skeezy. Put Beatrice on trial for crimes against fiction.
This story is a redacted confession.

Blog (VN DL) - YouTube Playlists
Battler Solves The Logic Error
Renall is offline   Reply With Quote