View Single Post
Old 2013-02-28, 12:01   Link #216
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
Like Solace pointed out, the death feedback itself is a pretty convenient, malleable plot element that doesn't make much sense. So if that's what it all boils down to, you should see why people find it a little silly, even if you don't agree.
But IT does make sense if you understand why they created such an extreme measure in the first place.

The whole Akki thing came AFTER the whole death feedback thing and they found a pretty good system to deal with it, it just didn't take into account an outside force like the monster rats.

On another note people who have read the book keep pointing out that things will be explained but people like to scream plot hole before they know the whole story, that is what is silly to me.

edit: Also I haven't noticed any inconsistencies/conveniences with the death feedback. I think the story has stuck pretty well to set of rules. The ONLY one that I think I might question (which at least wasn't explained perfectly in the anime) was when the doctor killed the Akki K. I think I have come up with an explanation, but I don't know if it is the correct one.

However the rest (the monster cats, poison pills) don't seem like any type of contradiction or bending of the rules since you are having other creatures/the person themselves do the killing.

Last edited by Kirarakim; 2013-02-28 at 12:21.